Floral water or hydrosol contains many properties, but to make the most of these, you need to know how to use floral water. Here we will talk about the orange blossom hydrosol since it is the one that is present in the box of Belle au Naturel this month.
The hydrosol of a plant has the same virtues as an essential oil except that unlike this one, the proportions are in small quantities. It can therefore be used directly on the skin without contraindication because it is less concentrated.
Floral water will cleanse, tone and soothe the skin from external aggressions.
Organic orange blossom floral water is recommended for dry or so-called "fragile" skin in order to rebalance it to make it more supple, but it can be used on all skin types. In internal use, it helps to fall asleep and calm skin that suffers from eczema or sensitive to itching.
First of all, you should avoid letting the floral water dry on the skin as much as possible. Indeed, in the long run it damages the epidermis.
- As a tonic lotion: after removing your make-up (floral water does not remove make-up), pass a cotton ball soaked in hydrosol to rebalance your epidermis.
- As a facial cleanser: if you don't wear makeup, the hydrosol can be used for cleaning:every morning and every evening (to remove impurities) pass a cotton pad soaked in it.
- Spray: to set make-up (in the morning) and to finish a deep "make-up removal" in the evening.
- Summer scented water: after spending the day in the sun, at the beach, the skin is tight. The floral water will soothe the skin and prevent it from drying out.
- As a face mask: mix clay (green, pink or white) and replace the water with floral water.
- In cooking recipe: for some waters like this, you can add an aroma in a cake recipe for example.
- To add to your moisturizer or body milk, it has anti-aging properties!
-In case of fever: in some cases, orange blossom water helps soothe fever:soak a cotton ball and place it on the forehead and temples.
- In domestic use: orange blossom water is used to perfume laundry, curtains, etc. You can spray your linens, cushions and pillows... or if you iron your linens, incorporate this water into the tank for this purpose.
- To help you fall asleep: spray 1 or 2 sprays on your pillow to take advantage of its soothing scent to help you fall asleep.
Marianne, from Advice of Beauty