The solid shampoo comes in the form of a pebble or a bar of soap.
And when rubbed with water, it lathers like soap!
It takes up less space and can be easily transported.
The solid shampoo is also zero waste, as it requires no plastic packaging.
The only concern is that homemade shampoo bars contain surfactants that can be dangerous for the skin...
Fortunately, here is the easy and quick recipe for solid shampoo without surfactants or aggressive SCI . Watch:
- 160 ml of coconut milk
- 80 g flake Marseille soap
- 60 g of aloe vera
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of argan oil
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of Atlas cedarwood essential oil
- 1 ice cube tray or soap molds
1. Melt the coconut milk, Marseille soap, aloe vera and vegetable oils together in a bain-marie.
2. Once the mixture is homogeneous, remove the bowl from the bain-marie.
3. Add the essential oils.
4. Pour the preparation into the soap moulds.
5. Put the molds in the freezer for 20 minutes to solidify the preparation.
6. Remove the mold from the freezer then carefully remove the shampoos from the mold.
7. Put them on a plate and let them air dry for 24 hours before using them.
There you go, your shampoo bar without aggressive surfactants for the skin is already ready :-)
Easy, fast and effective, right?
Now you can wash your hair with a chemical-free natural shampoo .
Never again need to buy one of those expensive commercial solid shampoos.
And thanks to Marseille soap, this shampoo is suitable for all hair types to make them silkier – whether dry, oily or frizzy.
To make nice pebbles and bars of solid shampoo, you can use a large ice cube tray, like this one.
Otherwise, you can also personalize your shampoo using beautiful soap molds, like these.
Or even simpler, use your baking molds, like these molds to make canelés.
To use a solid shampoo tablet, nothing could be simpler!
Rub the pebble in your hands with a little water then massage the scalp and lengths to remove impurities.
All you have to do is rinse your hair with water as usual.
To avoid the "squealing" effect of silicone-free shampoos on the hair, consider applying a mask or conditioner immediately after washing.
To discover: 10 Natural Masks To Repair Your Hair.
Marseille soap is made from a blend of rich, 100% natural vegetable oils, such as Aleppo soap and Castile soap. It is a very mild soap, which deeply cleanses the scalp and rids it of excess sebum. Naturally moisturizing and nourishing, it meets the needs of all hair types.
Coconut milk naturally nourishes and moisturizes hair and scalp. It stimulates hair growth and helps fight dandruff. Coconut milk also helps tame frizz and flyaways, for natural, ultra-soft hair.